Hi, I'm Jared Norman.
I'm an experienced web developer from the West coast of Canada. I specialize in E-Commerce, but that just means I know a ton about designing and managing complex systems that integrate with many third party services.
I'm currently available for short-term engagements where I assess and advise sofware development organizations. My role is to evaluate the state of projects and teams, identify upcoming risks, and recommend solutions.
I'm also available to teach 1-2 day development workshops where I cover topics like testing philosophies, dependency injection for Ruby applications, and front-end topics like practical Redux design.
If you're interested in how I can help your company, get in touch!
- Rails Application Upgrades: Hard Mode
- Class Methods and Memoization Fixing Your Test Suite
- You Can't Save Everyone: Some Exceptions Should Be Left Alone
- Rake vs RSpec Webpack with Rails
- Running React on PhantomJS
- Precompile Harder Webpack with Rails
- Teamocil Makes Your Life Better: Rails Edition
- Using an External Tool with Sprockets Webpack with Rails
- Setting up a Lua/C Application
- Roda to Middleman in 1 Easy Step
- Fizzbuzz in Elixir
I've been programming for a little while (since I was ten years old, that's about 19 years) and there's nothing I'd rather be doing. Software development is an amazing field where every year I can find tons of new tools, techniques, and domains to explore.
Outside of programming, I spend my time camping, hiking, playing hockey, and exploring the West coast of Canada.